The meeting was chaired by Mr. Art Wharton, Director, Export Strategy Working Group, UNI. During the meeting, presentations were provided by: Greg Gibson, United Nuclear Industry Alliance (UNI); Lewis Csedrik (Morgan Lewis); and Donald Hoffman (UNI).
The afternoon session of the meeting was attended by representatives from the US Government (USG) Department of Energy, Department of Commerce, Department of State, and the Export/Import Bank.
At the conclusion of the session, we agreed to provide the Meeting Attendees and interested parties who could not attend, with: (1) the Key Points from the meeting and meeting discussion synopsis; and (2) 2019 UNI Draft Position Statements.
We hope that each attendee and UNI member will continue to be involved in UNI and we would like to solicit everyone’s involvement and membership for our next meeting.
The next Export Strategy meetings will involve:
(1) Separate teleconferences on specific items to further develop the framework for a draft WIN PLAN; and
(2) Our next meeting in late Summer 2019.
Future meetings will be limited to members of the United Nuclear Industry Alliance – please contact me for an application and to discuss our exceptionally low, introductory “Founding Membership” rates.
For more information contact Celine Ryan, Director, UNI Operations Support.
The third EXPORT STRATEGY SUMMIT MEETING will be held on January 16, 2018.
At the offices of: Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
1111 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW | Washington, DC 20004-2541
Please check-in with the front desk and you will be directed to the appropriate Conference Room.
We will arrange for a teleconference line for those who cannot attend in person.
RSVP REQUIRED – Contact Greg.Gibson@UNIAlliance.org
The Second Export Strategy Meeting, was held Thursday, September 27, in Washington DC. The meeting was attended by 8 US Government personnel, and 16 Industry personnel. The Agenda included:
- Welcome – Goals, Roles and Rules Strategy Development Process
- Roundtable Introductions
- Review of IAEA – General Conference & ITA
- Trade Mission – Sharing by Participants
- Strategy Priorities Review (Consolidating Session 1 Topics)
- Lunch & Break
- U.S. Trade Policy – The New World Order– Implications for Nuclear Power
- Case Study – U.S. in the U.A.E. Paul Murphy and Jay Brister; Implications for Future Team Development Challenge & Structure
- United Nuclear Industry Alliance (UNI)
- Discussion & Prioritization of Opportunities and Roadblocks
- Actions Needed, Plan for Future Sessions and Assigned Roles
- Summary & Wrap-Up, Where We Go From Here
The meeting minutes are being developed and will be disseminated to all attendees and to UNI Members. For more information, please contact Mr. Greg Gibson at Greg.Gibson@unialliance.org